Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What a busy month!

I have so many posts to share, I don't know where to begin. February is my family's busiest month. Casey hates it. He calls December to February the money pit because we go from our anniversary on December 18 to Christmas to Phoebe's birthday to Lila's birthday to Valentines Day to my birthday and finally ,on February 24th, to Cade's birthday. (He really loves all of the celebration!)


Valentines Day was fun this year thanks to our 'Valentines crew'! Somehow, nothing says romance like Greg and Heidi, Lance and Aimee, and Mike and Jen Stapley. This is our 3rd year running with them on our Valentines Day celebration. It started 3 years ago with a hot air balloon ride and we had so much fun that it just stuck. This year we went to see Defending the Caveman at the Mesa Arts Center. HILARIOUS! And so true. They have a standing show in Vegas if you want to go see it. Just be prepared to cover your ears every now and then.



Phoebe also had another dance convention. If you are a fan of So You Think You Can Dance you would recognize a couple of her instructors. I don't know about dance company though. I'm starting to really think that it's just not for Phoebe. She's really uncomfortable with the convention atmosphere. This might be her last year unless she begs when she's older. I just want her to have fun dancing.




On February 18, I turned 29. YES! I still have a whole year left in my twenties! I'm not old yet! Really, though, I don't feel like I'm getting old. I'm actually having more fun with each new year so if this is what it's like to get older, bring it on.


Sara threw my family birthday party at her house. Thanks, Sar. Casey took me shopping in Scottsdale and to eat lunch at the Pink Taco, (yes, famous for the name, not the food,) and My ward friends took me to dinner at Oreganos. Yum! I also did breakfast with the sister-in-laws. It was a wonderful, week-end long birthday!





And, rounding off the month, we had Cade's 8th birthday party! I usually prefer having the kid's birthday parties somewhere far away from my home, but since it was Cade's 8th, I wanted to give him exactly what he wanted. And of all things, he wanted a Star Wars party, at our house. So that's what he got. I found some great ideas online for making light sabers and Jedi cloaks. Once adorned, the boys just went to town. Cade had a lot of fun and now I get to just concentrate on his baptism. Wow! How eight years flies by.





I'm so proud of Cade. He is one of those kids that just glides through day to day life. School is easy for him, friends are easy for him. He' super witty and has a sense of humor far beyond his years. I can't recount all of the bits of wisdom that I have taken from him, but, here's my favorite;

"Mom, are you sad because your mom died last night?"


"Yes,"


"Well, she had lots of pets growing up didn't she?"


"Yes,"


"Then I'm sure she's so happy that she is with them again, now."



12 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

wow, you have been busy. !st HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I didnt know, sorry for being a crap head friend. Now i guess we have to go out :)
2nd Happy birthday to cade...wow, 8??? gosh that went fast! He is sooo cute and I want to try to grow Masons hair out like that. Super cute. That was a cute story you wrote (comment I guess) What a sweet heart.
Pheobe looks cute at dance, but she looks so shy next to the other girls that are throwing themselves in the pictures! So if that is what you mean by her not loving it, i can see it. But she still is cute ;)

Oh and thank for saying it was you tonight on your message...you sounded like a 16 yr old boy going through puberty :) Hope you get feeling better. I will call you and we can meet up

Sara said...

You did such a great job with Cade's birthday. I have been telling everyone how Casey came out as Darth Vader swinging a golf club...so funny!

Brooke said...

happy birthday to you and to cade! looks like cade's party was a blast! i'm so mad at myself for forgetting my camera at every convention. i will probably steel those two pictures of the girls from you. love cade's cute comment about your mom....so sweet!

Shannon said...

Sounds like our month! I guess it is all this craziness that makes for the best memories! Happy Birthday to you all!

Natalie Hall said...

I can not believe you have an 8 year old! Probally pretty great telling people you do because you look so marvelous, you have not aged an ounce! Please tell us all what the secret is. Happy Birthday! Best mom award for Cades Birthday, you are so clever! Your little Pheobe is so impressive.

Brianne you are so witty! Absolutely loved the comment about how Casey thinks Feb is the money pit. I love husbands comments.

That is awesome Emily ran the race also. I wish I would of saw all the people who did it. She rocked!

Courtney said...

Don't you love your busy mommy life?! It's the greatest!

A few things...
- Love the Star Wars Party ideas...AWESOME!
- Happy Belated Birthday...almost 30!!woohoo!
- I hear ya on the dance (gymnastics for me) thing...we actually just moved Breckyn to a gym out here because I couldn't take it all anymore. Love it!

I hope this month brings a little relaxation for ya...I'll be going crazy in March now!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

Wow girl, you have been a busy woman. You know, I totally thought about you during the month of Februay. I may sound crazy but I always remember that your birthday is in February. I don't know why it stuck in my brain but it did. All your pics look great and you look beautiful in the pic with your cake. I hope you had a great birthday and of course as much rest as you can get in March!!! Happy Birthday to all of you!!!

LeRoy said...

You do not know me, but I was curious if this is Casey Skidmore who served an LDS mission in New Jersey? If so I served with him. I was looking for old friends and companions and anyway if it is him I am glad to see he is doing well and has such a beautiful family.

Everton Family said...

Wow, you did have a busy month! So good to see you and your cute family. Yes, Sarah told me you were in the same ward and says you are the most darling family, always so put together and soooo kind. I believe it...because you've always been that way! I'm so glad we can keep in touch! Take care.

LeRoy said...

My last name is Woodrich, we were in Freehold, NJ together.

Urban Gypsies said...

Oh my goodness!! You have such a cute family! I am glad to see you are doing well and am so sorry about your mom. I always wished for a mom like yours... She really was wonderful.

Urban Gypsies said...

I miss you!! I actually found out about your mom passing in January at a dinner before the AZ marathon. One of my coaches worked with your mom. Anyway I have been thinking of you ever since and was really happy to see your blog. I live in Phoenix. I have a loft in one of the high rise buildings at the Biltmore. Are you out in Gilbert? Your house looks amazing...especially the kitchen. Erica just left my place. Funny, how we are all grown up now. It would be great to see you...