Thursday, March 27, 2008

Please think of her...


Almost two years ago, a dear friend in my ward was introduced to two brand new baby girls that needed a family. Luckily for her, and these sweet babies, they took the babies into their family and raised them as their own with the intention of being a family forever. Unfortunately, this good family had no idea what they were in for.

While the mother was steadfast in her desire to adopt her twin girls out, their grandma wasn't so sure and decided to fight for the girls. Then, "Dad" got out of jail and decided to step into the ring for a chance at them. "Dad" has already given up several children with this same "mom" and has a history of selling and abusing drugs.

What a blessing for these girls that they came into contact with this sweet family that loves them so much. This family that brings them to Church every Sunday. This family that they have had Christmas, Easter, Birthdays with for the past two years. This family that wanted to take on baby twins when their own capable mother didn't want to.

And several court dates later, this amazingly strong woman finds herself at tonight. The night before the court date that threatens to take away her girls and give them to their "reformed" father. A father that these TODDLERS hardly even know. Imagine toddlers being taken from their family of 5 and sent to live with a single, strange man.

I write this post because all this woman, her husband, her 6 year-old son and these two little girls have left are prayers. Please remember and pray for her, tonight.

I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

gosh that makes me cry everytime i hear about them. i just think of my kids (kendall turning 2 next week) that would KILL her and me to take her away. PLEASE update us...I hope it went well. Poor family

Tasha said...

I am so glad you wrote this. I was talking with her yesterday and she seemed so bleak and my heart just cried for her.
On an up note she called me today. the judge has had a miraculous change of attitude and decided that the needs of the "bio dad" should not come first. They have a little while longer with these sweet angels. They are not out of the woods though and should still be prayed for. I cannot even imagine the pain of losing your 2 babies. She is one of the strongest woman I know.

Urban Gypsies said...

Wow! That is such a sad story. I will keep them in my prayers.

Also, I am glad you broke the math down for me! I can understand a little better now. But when do you sleep? That is what worries me most about being a mom....I need A LOT of sleep.

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, I can not even imagine. We'll keep them in or prayers. You will have to keep us posted! Love your 80's get up!