Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh, alright!

So, Sara tagged me and although I usually ignore tags and email forwards, I am doing this for my beloved sister.


25 Things You May (or may not) Know About Me

-I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE animals, but, cannot tolerate my dog touching me.

-From a very young age, I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up, (I love to argue!)

-During the day, when I'm at home, I listen to Power Ballads on the computer.

-I almost physically fought a woman at the Outback Steakhouse who made a nasty remark about me changing my baby's diaper in the restroom (that ****!)

-Anyone close to me has called me Breezy at some point.

-I'm a lifelong procrastinator. I hate that about me.

-NOTHING scares me like cockroaches. I still have nightmares about them, on occasion.
-My first kiss was in the sixth grade, with Kyle Parker, on my birthday, as a dare.

-I love word puzzles, especially logic puzzles and more recently, Sudoku.

-I fell in love with split-pea soup as a child at my Grandma's house.

-Indifference frustrates me.

-Three years ago, I had surgery to remove a melanoma from my shoulder. My scar is huge and I am in a constant struggle to embrace my paleness.

-I am terrified of open water and don't really even like swimming pools that much.

-I have turned into a political junkie, a conservative political junkie, that is.

-My hair is no longer naturally blond and I will NEVER embrace that.

-My right leg is nearly 1/2 inch longer than my left.

-My Freshman year, I was the Editor of the school magazine, captain of the cheer squad, a member of Student Council and had a 4.2 GPA. Now, my daughter says that when she grows up, she wants to do "nothing" like mom. Where did I go wrong?!

-After high school, I went to massage therapy school for about a year. I completed the entire course of study for Swedish massage.

-My 10-year anniversary is this year, December 18. Casey and I are going to Kauai for a week.

-I collect Department 56 Halloween Village pieces. I'm up to 7, this year, and have just started the North Pole series for Christmas. Kinda silly, but, they bring me joy and kids love them. I will pass them down one day.

-When I was little, I would cry when kids stepped on ants.

-Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper has become like a hot fudge sundae for me.

-The sound of someone scratching their skin, namely my husband, sends shivers down my spine. I can't take it. (I'm a little irritable.)

-The scent of Fall air is the best scent in the world, (I smelled it this morning).
-Spin class is like meditation. My head and body never feel so clear as they do after an hour of it.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Nice work, Breezy! I just told Dad you probably wouldn't get around to doing this. Can you pass the Dept. 56 houses down to me some day? And...you forgot to add that you were in ELP...grrr...bitter...now I'm even jealous of your ELP-going son!

bryn rathvon said...

I remember Kyle Parker!!! He was so dreamy....

Anonymous said...

I remember that kiss! I could have swarn it was at my house! Maybe that was Val! Those were the days! I hope my girls wait until they are a bit older when they get their 1st kiss! Love this post Breezy!

Urban Gypsies said...

Oh so many memories in this one! I remember the kiss. It was your house. Out front and we were are sitting in a cicle playing a game.

I love bit about your daughter. :-) I would love to be able to do all the creative things you seem to pull off with such grace and ease.

ELP!!! Now those were the days! Thanks for always sticking up for me when those mean kids made fun of us.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

thanks for the entertainment.
1st- I thought we were good friends...BREEZY..now we are. I only call you BREann..which I think makes you more mad than anything
2nd- Ourback fight...would love to hear about it. you can be the sweetest person in the world, but why am i NOT surprise that you almost got into a fist fight?
3rd-Kyle Parker..he was hot. wonder what he is like now.
4th- Dept 56. My mom is HUGE into this. We go to the Mall of America every year and buy so much that they SHIP it home for her! I love it because I do the village, and i know that when she is 200 and dies :) I get it all!!

we need to get together SOON!

Tasha said...

Next time I see you I want to hear the story about outback. I am surprised by the massage school. I thought about doing that but I have a HUGE hang up about touching strangers. Thanks for letting us get to know you better.

Anonymous said...

Kyle Parker was my first french kiss at Kim's house- was I sloppy seconds? I would also love to hear all about the fight- I can totally see it. Let's get together soon. Also Kyle and I went to Kauai a few months ago. It was AWESOME! Love ya Breezy!

The Roberts Family said...

love the post! its fun to learn things about you that i don't know!! :) see you soon!