Friday, October 3, 2008

Sanity


Sometimes, I have these brilliant ideas. My life feels a little mundane and I frankly just get bored. And then it happens! I should start a new hobby! This time it was cake decorating. So I took some basic classes in buttercream and fondant decorating and I now force myself to sign up to bring dessert for every church and school function. That's how I got pulled into this one. Cade and Phoebe's school was looking for cake donations for their auction and without a second thought, I signed my name. I thought about this stinkin' cake for 2 weeks! I decided to tie in the school's colors of purple and teal and their mascot, which is a coyote. I also try to avoid fondant at all costs. Yuck! Although, over the next few months I do want to try some fun things that you can only do with fondant. But, my problems have changed. Now, I have something to keep me busy, but, my kitchen is a mess and these dang cakes stress me out! One day, I'll just be satisfied with life as is and not try to fill my days with random "busy" work (school term).
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

aryn said...

Wow- I'm totally impressed!!

The Gerard Family said...

You did an awesome job!! Can I call you to do my kids cakes!!! LOL. I understand the stress thing....I always take on these extra things and stress over it until its done!! LOOKS GREAT!! Worth the stress!?!?!?

Sara said...

It turned out so cute! You need to get the dirt on how much it went for! I want to know, too!!

PS...Nice work posting finally. I applaud your effort.

Jill said...

Hi... Totally random comment, but I love how you have a really wide header on your blog. I have never used the stretch layout before & was wondering what size you made your header?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ~Jill

Jill said...

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to look up the size. I think you are my new best friend, even though I don't know you!!

Thanks again... you helped a bunch!

~Jill

Everton Family said...

That cake is awesome! Sarah has said from time to time, "you name it Brianne does it!" I believe it, you are so talented!

Urban Gypsies said...

Amazing,you have a gift.

Natalie said...

Wow-wie. I want to be like you! I have thoughts of starting new things and might even just do it sometimes...but usually I just quit. Cake-decorating is definitely on my list. You'll have to teach all of us!