Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A little much?



OK, maybe. But, it's better than what I'm working with.

Another day, another plan.

I have gotten a new, WONDERFUL trainer to set me up a workout plan (that is already kicking my butt) with one goal, to get ripped.

I'm really not into the whole beanpole thing. It does nothing for me and actually makes me quite sad to see how weak and unhealthy women are striving to be.

After losing my mom to pancreatic cancer, fighting my personal battles with skin cancer, watching my dear father-in-law suffer the pain of rhumatoid arthritis and standing by helplessly as my sweet, little nephew battles his way through the first few months of life with practically half a heart, I have come to realize that our bodies are so fragile.

It is now my mission to become as healthy and strong as I can be.


As my trainer puts it, 'If you don't take care of your body, where else will you live?'
(I know this post must seem funny coming from the girl that constantly blogs cupcake recipes and ideas, but, what can I say...making salads just isn't quite as fun.)

5 comments:

Davis Family Ü said...

oh, do share your plan.. i have a trainer at the gym.. i only see him once a week and he does kick my butt but i a not seeing great results! It is probably the eating thing..haha

Natalie Hall said...

It helps that your starting out with a ROCKIN BOD! I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote.

Lindsay Rector said...

Oh my heck, you go for it Bri! You'll feel amazing and look even more amazing then you already do. The best part is where your drive is coming from, the difficult but truthful experiences of life. Good for you.

Greg and Heidi said...

Where did Casey get that swim suit?
Just kidding. I admire you. Maybe one day soon I will have the energy to join on your quest!
Loves-
Heidi

Dallas said...

I like your trainer's quote. I'm going to put that on a T-shirt.