Sunday, February 7, 2010

Little Me

Ever since this girl was tiny, people have said that she looks just like me. I've never seen it quite as obvious as others do. Frankly, I think that she's much prettier than I was as a child. But, I'll take the compliment.

Phoebe is 8, now. I still remember the day I went into labor like it was yesterday. It was the day after Christmas and Sara, my mom and I were going to do some present returns at the mall. It didn't take more than 5 minutes of waiting for my mom to take the velcro rollers out of her hair to realize that that was not going to happen, today. No, instead of returning a present, I was about to recieve another. Phoebe came into our lives on December 26, 2001.

In 2 weeks, she will be baptized. As scary as it is to see my first daughter growing up so fast, I am sick with pride in my lovely daughter.
She is a gift.

7 comments:

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

She is adorable! What a special time for you and your family!

Sara said...

She DOES look sooo much like you! We love you, Pheebs!!

Shannon said...

What a sweet girl! I remember when she was born, time flies!

Miriam/Randy said...

She looks so beautiful! Love ya, Phoebe girl!!

Aimee said...

We miss you Phoebe, sorry we won't be at the baptism. Sage, Randee, Macy and Tyson will be thinking of you. Especially Aunt Aimee and Uncle Lance. Love ya Phoebe!

Natalie Hall said...

Such a milestone turning eight, and such a special time for Phoebe. I'm sure the day was fabulous because of a mom that made sure everything was perfect. I love that you are sick with pride about her. That's the way all mothers should feel. She is so pretty. Great genes over at the skidmore household...

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

wow! I cant believe you have 2 kids now that will of been baptized! Makes me feel old! I feel like we are still in high school :)
she is so pretty...and soooooo you. Congrats :)