Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April...so far

Yesterday, I sat down to write a summary of the past couple of months and my mind was blank. Could I really be forgetting the small events in my life just as quickly as they come? It actually made me quite sad. My sister has always been such a good documentor of 'the little things' in life. Today, I am deciding to emulate that quality.

I'm afraid that if I wait to long to make these brush strokes, my canvas will dry and that little bit of color will be missing. So here a few strokes from April, so far...

Sofia fell down the stairs and broke her elbow resulting in a very long night from Urgent Care to ER to OR. Three pins and a purple cast later, and I have the meanest little girl that I've ever had the privilege of meeting. When did that become a side effect of a broken arm?! Don't fall for that sweet, sad face. In Marley and Me, the dog sitter said, "That's not a dog. That's evil with a dog's face,". You know where I'm going with this.

Even so, my heart broke for her and I'm amazed at how tough she is. (In honor of the cast, let's make that a big purple stroke.)


And... Chance hates his new dog bed. He'd rather sleep outside. But, we have temporarily halted our hunt for a new bed for Lila.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

they are so cute! Poor sofia...lets here stories, I dont believe she is mean :)

Sara said...

Oh, I can't even imagine Sofia being naughty! She's an angel!!