Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cali Baby!


To celebrate the big 3-0, myself and my oldest, dearest friends decided to take a celebratory trip down to San Diego for the weekend. We stayed at the Pierson condo on Pacific beach.

We left late Thursday and didn't arrive in California until after 1AM. That pretty much set the tone for the entire weekend, staying up late with scary movies, frozen yogurt and ridiculous stories that had us in stitches (I would have never used that phrase in my twenties).

So we discovered that none of us, despite our age, has really changed that much since junior high. Emily(Pierson) is still the easy-going one driving daddy's car;). Val is the one who has us laughing nonstop, and often at her own expense. Emily(Sharp) is the incredibly likeable one who could make friends with anyone. Meredith is the super quick one, with both one-liners and jumping out from behind things! And I, well I just get to enjoy all of them.

Thanks, girlies, for a memorable trip.




4 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to you! Brian and I were on Pacific Beach just a week ago...and stopped twice at that very Yogurtland. Glad you guys got to make the trip!

Great pictures...it's nice to know that people don't change much from their previously, wonderful selves. :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

it was a fun trip, even though I feel like I havent been shopping since I was in my 20's.

How funny that Natalie thinks Yogurtland is that wonderful too!!

lets dont wait till our 40's to go again.

Sara said...

You girls all are soooo cute! I am jealous, gonna have to do this with my girlfriends! It's awesome that you all have stayed so close all these years!

Lindsay said...

Are you serious?!? The trip looks so fun!! My weekend, which was suppose to be spent at Disneyland for our anniversary, was instead dealing with one cause of pneumonia (luke) and 3 cases of bronchitis and and 1 ear infection. I was the one with bronchitis and the ear infectio along with b and tay. So, yeah, pretty much bit the big one, but I'm stoked you guys had so much fun! Next time, I better be able to go...life with the 3 under 2, tough!