Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up!!


This weekend my baby turns 3 years old. Tears... :( It seems like just yesterday that Casey and I were sitting at Phoenix Children's Hospital, comforting our crying 9 month old after the surgery that corrected her cleft. Since then, she has been just a joy... easy, sweet, content...the kind of baby that everyone should have.
So yesterday found her back under anesthesia. The ENT was putting tubes in her ears because it turns out that Lila has had fluid blocking her ability to hear very well for a very long time. But, in true Lila-fashion, she awoke with a smile and is doing well on her way to hearing sounds correctly and starting speech therapy very soon.
Happy birthday, sweet girl.


7 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

she is sweet and the cutest thing i have ever seen! i hope everything is going well!

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

She is just adorable! We have LOTS of experience with speech therapy if you need any help. We loved all the therapists that our boys worked with. Hope she feels better soon!

Natalie Hall said...

You know I just adore this sweetheart! It makes me sad she had to go through that, but happy she'll be doing so much better soon. She is a doll!

Greg and Heidi said...

I always wondered what Casey would look like as a young, sweet, innocent, little girl. . . Oh, Lila!
She is a doll. It will be fun to hear her start talkig with her "new" hearing!
Email me some of those pictures from Mexico (especially the one where I smoked you. . . its only fair since I have to stand next to you in a swimsuit ;)

Shannon said...

Poor thing! I hate when my kids have to go under for anything, it is so scary! It looks like you guys had a fun trip to Mexico. I think adult trips make us better parents! Next weekend works for us. Just let me know what night so I can get a sitter!

The Roberts Family said...

they do grow up too fast!!! :) by the way im cheeper now so you will have to come in sometime :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ugh,,,she is soooo beautiful. You should keep making kids, they are all so dang cute