Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Girls




What can I say? I absolutely love being the mom of three girls. That's not to say that I don't love being the mom to Cade, also. I really do. Cade is actually the most like me of all my children, (poor Casey). But, sometimes it's fun to just be girly with the girls. Or, as in these shots, not so girly on the four wheelers with the girls. It's not really the GIRL part of them that I love, because their clothes are over-priced and I'm not big on "BLING" and girl-attitude. What I love is when Cade burps and Phoebe looks over at me and rolls her eyes. Or when Sofia sings "Supergirl" at the top of her lungs while shaking her tush. (I guess that's how girls dance.) And when all three girls gather around the Polly Pockets and pick which one they're going to play with. ( Poor Lila usually gets the headless one with a chewed off foot.) I just love watching them be sweet together. And when I see them being happy, I can be proud and hope that I am doing my job and that they will grow up to be nothing less than fearless, empathetic, loving and faithful. (Isn't that really what we all want to be like?) So in the words of John Mayer, "Mothers, be good to your daughters,". We are so blessed to have them. I am so blessed to have them.

5 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

they are all so dang cute and all look like you. Are you sure Casey was in on it??

k- so Im missing lunch ( I know, a shock) I have an appt then and decided to not re schedule it and just do it

i will catch ya next time :) dont be mad at me

Courtney said...

So sweet.
I am really glad I was blessed with another little girl. I realize now that I didn't enjoy Breckyn like I should have when she was little. Now with two stinky, little boys in the middle I have learned to appreciate the girl thing. But oh, how my boys have me wrapped around their little fingers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...

i love the picture of sofia....so cute! i love girls too...they can be so sweet!

Sara said...

Your so lucky to have 3 girly girls to shop with one day. Funny how different each one of them are, too, huh? Poor Cade...he's going to have quite a job one day protecting all of them from the boys!