Sunday, October 14, 2007

How do I love fall... let me count the ways.

Today feels like fall. When we were driving to church this morning, my car read the outside temp to be in the 70's. The fall has a certain smell that permeates the air. I don't know what it is, but, it's that smell that makes me want to be outside all day long.
Last night was my 10 year high school reunion. Crazy! I'm officially an old lady. It was fun to see people that I've lost touch with over the years, but even more fun to hang out with all of the people that still mean so much to me, today. My mom's passing has really brought to light the importance of good friends. For a while, I thought that friends were so much less important once you were married and had children that took up all of your time. Now I recognize that it is my friends that I NEED right now. It was my friends that brought me meals when I hadn't the strength to be a mom. It was my friends who took my babies for the days when I needed a break. And it is my friends who still are asking me on a daily basis if I'm alright and what they can do to help me. My point is, a good husband, like I've got, and wonderful kids, like I've got, can't be beat. But, friends are awesome. Thank you to everyone who has loved me and my family over the last couple of months.

No comments: