Thursday, October 18, 2007

DISCO FEVER





Since I just started my blog, I have to go back a little bit. Sometimes life doesn't just have bright lights at the end of dark tunnels, but lamps or torches along the way. My mom had been bedridden since early summer with an advanced stage of pancreatic cancer, so Casey's 30th birthday was a welcome event in our family. I threw him a surprise disco party. (Get it? He was born in '78, the year Saturday Night Fever came out.) He totally knew what I was doing, but he played dumb. THANKS, BABE. I had a blast, mainly shopping for the outfits (thanks to Marissa and Dori). But, tha party was awesome, too. We karaoked all night and Best costume went to my sis-in-law, Brittny. She looked pretty hot in her red vinyl jumpsuit , (pretty racey for the wife of a bishop!)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am LOVING it! I tried to throw a surprise party for Brett's 30th but almost ALL his friends live out of state...and like Casey he totally knew! Bummer. That' looks like so much fun! Love the thought of Brittny in a red jumpsuit...way to go "1st Lady"! :)
I am also noticing the awesome golfball cake in the background...is that what it is?..it looks AWESOME! Did you make that?
You guys looks hysterical! Love the white polyester Casey! TOO FUN!

Shannon said...

YOu guys look awesome! You always throw a great party!