Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We Got Boo-d!





Sunday night, we got Boo-d. I love getting Boo-d because it provides me with an opportunity to "create" treats. And notice, I said me. I let the kids think that they're making the treats, but I maintain full control. I'm not one of those moms who can just allow my kids to be creative. That means the project will turn out messy and I have issues with that.

So when it's time to make something like these Halloween treats, my kids say, "Can I help?" And I say, "Sure" then I stall until they ask again.

But, in my defense, I am getting better. The kids did the gummies, and candies all by themselves. They did a good job, huh?




4 comments:

Courtney said...

LOL! I have the same issue! I hate being a perfectionist sometimes. Hank is helping to cure me of that though! :)
BTW...those are the best "BOO" treats I've ever seen! The people who gave us ours must have let their kids help! HAHA!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

I love this time of year for this reason. We get to make lots of treats and have an excuse to eat them! I too am the same way with my kids helping. It ends up being double the work trying to keep things nice and clean. I'm with Courtney on this one, way cute "BOO" treats, and cute little girl holding them!!!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ha! Im SO like that too :) But they turned out CUTE!

Natalie Hall said...

Gosh girls we all sound like we need to mellow out! I am also a little bit crazy in that area.
Those are adorable, I want to eat them right now while I am blogging. You are so creative!!!! It makes mine look like dirt. keep posting your creativity.